[Equest-users] Unusual QC Errors

Matutinovic, Luka LMatutinovic at halsall.com
Tue Mar 9 11:19:34 PST 2010

Hello All,

My simulation won't run because of unusual errors that I've never seen
before, but that I picked up when looking at the details of the QC
report:

Here is a summary of the errors.  If anyone has seen this before and may
have ideas about what's causing it, I'd really appreciate the help.

I haven't attached the .pd2 and .inp file due to file size, but I can
forward them to anyone who's interested in taking a peek.

Many thanks,

Luka

4) Hours of Operation

            Hours of Operation

                        Fan vs. Occupancy Hours

                                                The average occupancy /
fan operation ratio for the building is -72480000.00 and appears high
(error above 1.75, see PS-E & SS-C reports).

                        Fan vs. Lighting Operating Hours

                                                The average hours of
light operation / fan operation ratio for the building is 0 and appears
low (error below 0.25, see PS-E & SS-C reports).

                        Fan vs. Equipment Operating Hours

                                                The average hours of
plug load operation / fan operation ratio for the building is 0 and
appears low (error below 0.25, see PS-E & SS-C reports).

5) HVAC Equipment Descriptions

            Air-Side Checks

                        CFM/ton of cooling

                                                The supply air flow for
system 'E1 Sys1 (PIU) (B)' is 120000.0 cfm/ton and appears high (see
SV-A report).

            User Input Equipment Performance Curves

                        Curve coefficients sum to 1

                                                The sum of the
coefficients for the 'ForCurve w Inlet Vanes FPLR' curve is 0.99 and
does not equal 1 (check Curve Inputs for errors).

6) Zone Control and Equipment Sizing

            Primary Equipment Unable to Meet Loads

                        Chillers

                                                Chillers on Loop:
'Chilled Water Loop' have a total Capacity to Load Ratio of -1.00 and
may be undersized (Error: Ratio <   0.90)

Total Chiller Capacity on Loop = -2 (Btu/hr)

Peak CHW Loop Load = -1 (Btu/hr)

Chiller: 'Chiller1a (ElCentHerm)' capacity = -1 (Btu/hr)

                                                Chiller: 'Chiller1b
(ElCentHerm)' capacity = -1 (Btu/hr)

                        Boilers

                                                Boilers on Loop: 'Hot
Water Loop' have a total Capacity to Load Ratio of -0.00 and may be
undersized (Error: Ratio < 0.90)

Total Boiler Capacity on Loop = -2 (Btu/hr)

Peak HW Loop Load = -1 (Btu/hr)

Boiler: 'Boiler1a (HWNatDrft)' capacity = -1 (Btu/hr)

                                                Boiler: 'Boiler1b
(HWNatDrft)' capacity = -1 (Btu/hr)

            Circulation Loop Overload

                        Circulation Loop Overload

7) HVAC Load & Performance Results

            Monthly Pattern of HVAC Loads

                        Heating Coil Loads

                                                System 'E1 Sys1 (PIU)
(B)' has a high Summer/Winter heating coil load ratio of 1.0 (error over
0.2, see SS-D report).

            Primary HVAC Equipment Performance

                        Average Chiller COP

                                                'Chiller1a (ElCentHerm)'
Average Yearly COP (Total Annual Output/Total Annual Input) = -1.0 and
may be low (Error: Ratio <= 1).

                                                'Chiller1b (ElCentHerm)'
Average Yearly COP (Total Annual Output/Total Annual Input) = -1.0 and
may be low (Error: Ratio <= 1).

                        Average Cooling Tower COP

                                                'Open Tower' Average
Yearly COP (Total Annual Output/Total Annual Input) = -1.0 may be low
(Error: Ratio <= 1).