[Equest-users] coordinate errors

jredburn at mindspring.com jredburn at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 15 14:35:55 PDT 2010

Sirs,
I have a rather complex shape to model and it is giving me fits.  I have leaned a lot of things not to do over the past few days.
I finally got the entire foot print into the program.  Some 18 shells and almost a 1000 vertices.  I also have a long list of errors that tell me there are two vertices with the same coordinates.  The first on my error list is Space E5 and it has 16 vertices,  all of which are unique on the list at the right hand side of the page where I trace the points from my Cadd drawing.  That page has coordinates units in the range of 40 to 70 ft from the orgin, both x and y.
When I click finish from the navigator and the error list comes up, I find 21 vertices on the list and 14 and 16 are the same, except the units are all in the 300 to 400 ft range.
Also, I drew 8 of the shells as a rectangle and stuck three small rectangles on the side of the first one as bay windows.  When I trace them in E Quest with a  N-S orentation they act just fine and the roof will plot quite nicely.  When I rotate the shells in Cadd to fit the main building  and transfer them to E Quest, they throw an error when I try to put a roof on them.