[Equest-users] Daylighting Wizard Screen Not Available WhenSelecting 'YES"?

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Mar 23 08:26:28 PDT 2010

Robert et al,

I realize this is from nearly half a year ago, but I might have some new
insight as I'm running into the same problem.  When you said "building
components," did you mean 2 of the 4 shells?

If so, were those two problem shells multi-story or otherwise distinct
from the other two?  Did either have custom windows defined?

I'm running into the same problem with one of five shells now... the
problem shell is multistory (3 levels) where the others are not.

Selecting "Yes" for daylighting controls in the first shell wizard
screen, and defining custom windows for each level, I cannot get the
expected corresponding screen #11 to show up.  Defining skylights
however does make the screen #11 (Top Floor Daylight Zoning) available -
it's as though the wizard is not "seeing" any windows for daylighting...

It is my current guess that the wizards may currently be incapable of
setting up daylight zoning/controls for shells with more than one story,
though the help files don't seem to suggest this anywhere.  Can anyone
on the dev team comment?

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER