[Equest-users] Questions to post

Jeremy Poling jpoling at epsteinglobal.com
Tue Mar 23 11:18:44 PDT 2010

The LEED-BDC 2009 reference guide gives an example table for EQ
Prerequisite 1 on page 413 as far as documentation for natural
ventilation.  If you go after EQ Credit 2 for the project you will need
to either comply with CIBSE Manual 10 or do a CFD model to show that the
natural ventilation rates exceed the requirements of ASHRAE 62.1-2007 by
30%.

For EAc1, ASHRAE 90.1-2007 Appendix G requires that the baseline and
design models use the same OA supply flows; however, the old "public"
CIRs allowed teams to account for ventilation as an exceptional
calculation methodology.  So as far as assuming natural ventilation -
the assumption you make is supposed to match the design as accurately as
possible (i.e. will tenants open windows or will they leave them closed
due to an air conditioning system) and the baseline is required to use
the same OA strategy.  A third model can be created to account for
energy benefits or costs of a particular strategy if submitting this as
an ECM.

The templates in LEED-Online Version 3 are unfortunately not able to be
downloaded - you can only work on them from within LEED-Online.  Save
early and often!

JEREMY R. POLING, PE, LEED AP
Associate Vice President,

Senior Sustainability Analyst
Strategic Services
Site Solutions | Operations | Sustainability

EPSTEIN

Epstein is a firm believer in sustainability. We ask that you please
consider the environment before printing this e-mail.