[Equest-users] 2-D Floor Plans - Strange Rectangle in Background

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Mar 23 06:36:58 PDT 2010

Jessica,

First, congratulations on getting Revit into eQuest!

I have a guess: I think you're observing a rectangular spaces overlayed on the exterior walls.  Try going to 3D view, right click the "Project..." item at the top of the component tree à Properties... à check the box to show spaces and see if you observe rectangular boxes protruding from your shell anywhere.

If this is the case, the implication is you have slightly misshapen spaces, but with correctly shaped/defined walls (hopefully) associated to the correct spaces.  Envelope loads would calculate correctly but some internals and sizing/capacities involving the space volume/area would be slightly off.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER

25501 west valley parkway