[Equest-users] Modeling Office lighting occupancy

Allen Butler abutler at cxgbs.com
Tue Mar 2 05:27:03 PST 2010

This is correct; a 10% LPD savings in each space with occupancy sensors
is the proper procedure. Regarding changes in occupancy scheduling to
model occupancy sensors, while this used to be acceptable for LEED I
have been called out on it by LEED reviewers and told I had to do the
10% LPD space reduction so I would avoid changing schedules to model
occupancy sensors.

Allen Butler, LEED AP

"Enhancing Delivery of Healthy, Sustainable, High Performance Buildings"
www.CxGBS.com
Phone 770 831 6760
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail transmission, and any documents,
files or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain
confidential information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of any of the information contained in or
attached to this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by
telephone at (770) 831 6760 and destroy the original transmission and
its attachments without reading them. Thank you.

CxGBS is not responsible for design concept, design criteria, compliance
with codes, design or general construction scheduling, cost estimating,
or construction management.  We may assist with problem-solving or
resolving non-conformance or deficiencies, but ultimately that
responsibility resides with the general contractor and the design
professionals.  The primary role of CxGBS is to review design documents
made available for review and endeavor to discover, on a limited basis,
potential design flaws, installation critical techniques represented in
the design, and coordination issues between documents provided.