[Equest-users] Domestic water heater

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 18 19:49:43 PDT 2010

Chris,

Thank you for attaching this reference. This is a realy good source of information. Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions.

Ana

From: cbalbach at psdconsulting.com
To: ananeddav at hotmail.com; equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: RE: [Equest-users] Domestic water heater
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:15:33 -0400

Ana:

Best reference I've ever come across (with example calcs) which mimics the approach of E+ as I understand it can be found here:

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/building_america/44816.pdf

See page 22 (of 49) for the inlet mains equation, alonog with a plot of Chicago IL TMY2 results so you can Q/A your implementation of Equation 4 (correct placement of parenthesis in this makes a BIG difference)

All the Best,

_Chris

Chris Balbach, PE, CEM, BEMP
Vice President of Reasearch and Development
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC
124 Brindley Street, Suite 4, Ithaca, NY 14850
http://www.psdconsulting.com
ph: (607)-327-1647