[Equest-users] Domestic water heater

Chris Balbach cbalbach at psdconsulting.com
Thu Mar 18 12:15:33 PDT 2010

Ana:

Best reference I've ever come across (with example calcs) which mimics the
approach of E+ as I understand it can be found here:

http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/building_america/44
816.pdf
<http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/publications/pdfs/building_america/3
8238.pdf>

See page 22 (of 49) for the inlet mains equation, alonog with a plot of
Chicago IL TMY2 results so you can Q/A your implementation of Equation 4
(correct placement of parenthesis in this makes a BIG difference)

All the Best,

_Chris

Chris Balbach, PE, CEM, BEMP
Vice President of Reasearch and Development
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC
124 Brindley Street, Suite 4, Ithaca, NY 14850
http://www.psdconsulting.com
ph: (607)-327-1647

  _____