[Equest-users] eQuest Fundamentals

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 10:55:34 PDT 2010

Mike,

In a word, no. The defaults you see are more likely geared toward Title 24
compliance since the development of eQUEST is subsidized through the Ca PUC.
First of all you need to figure out which version of ASHRAE 90.1 you want to
comply with, let's say it's the 2007 version. You then need to read through
Appendix G, at the back of the Standard. There are step by step requirements
in it telling you how to show compliance. There is also a User's Guide you
can purchase through ASHRAE which I would recommend.

Never assume anything when you are using eQUEST. You can always right on a
field and read about it using Item Help. You can also read user manuals and
dictionaries. Some of us have been doing this work for years and years and
still know we have a lot to learn. It's a complex model which adheres to the
GIGO rule. It won't always tell you when you have put garbage in either.

Good luck!

Caqrol