[Equest-users] eQUEST: Hours outside throttling range for Standard VAV w/Reheat

Gordon D. Schweitzer GDSchweitzer at heapy.com
Thu May 6 06:31:57 PDT 2010

All,

I am modeling a "Standard VAV w/Reheat" for a small college building
(~20,000 SF) and am having some difficulty reducing my hours outside of
throttling range. I have tried increasing my "Throttling Range" to 4 F,
increasing my system size capacity (from 1.15 to 2), and have also
adjusted my "Heat Temp Schedule" to turn all but one zone to default to
create a 'control zone' for the system.  However, I still have many
unmet hours (~39% of hours outside of throttling range - my BEPU report
does not identify hours, but rather a % (reference previous Equest
thread)).

Any suggestions are certainly welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Gordon