[Equest-users] The mysterious disappearing .INP file..

Maria Karpman maria.karpman at karpmanconsulting.net
Tue May 4 12:26:05 PDT 2010

John,

If you edited your project in detailed mode, you will not be able to
recreate the inputs with pd2 file alone. If your main 'MyProject.inp' file
is corrupted, I'd check in the project folder to see if you have other
usable inp files such as 'MyProject -Baseline Design.inp' or ''My Project -
1.inp' (created by Parametric Run tool). You can pick the workable inp file
for the run that is most similar to your main project (contains fewer
parametric changes), save it as 'MyProject.inp', open the project in eQUEST
main interface, and update the inputs that were different in the surrogate
inp file. For example if you used inp file for the parametric run that
changed building azimuth (App G baseline rotations), you would change the
azimuth back to reflect the actual orientation.

Good luck,

Maria