[Equest-users] FW: Solar panels

Peter Hillermann peterh at westallarchitects.com
Mon Nov 8 09:33:13 PST 2010

Alan,

You got me off on a tangent because I do love solar panels. Remember that
your panels are connected in series and that if one gets shaded your entire
row goes out, unless you are using micro inverters. You really need to do a
shading study and if you use REVIT this can be done easily. When using a PV
panel as a canopy or shading device you need to watch the summer time
shading on your wall. Typically a long shadow on the wall by parapet or
cornice might shade the panel, which is created by the noon day sun. Just
push the panel a little further off the wall.

Best of luck to you and I hope it all works out.

PETER HILLERMANN

peterh at westallarchitects.com

westall

architects