[Equest-users] Correct approach to multiple building owners

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Mon Nov 8 08:03:07 PST 2010

Rob,

Each LEED project should only consider the energy use specific to that
portion of the total building. I can think of at least three ways to do
this:
1.)     Model the entire building, with no intention of separating the
building geometry into halves. Determine the energy use for each LEED
project by assigning different meters.
2.)     Model the entire building as in 1.), but create separate shells
for each project. This is a little more work, but would allow more
project-specific editing in the wizard.
3.)     Model two separate buildings as different projects, creating
adiabatic and shading surfaces as necessary to represent the missing
building halves.

Without knowing more about your projects, I would choose option two. You
could create all your building shells for both projects quickly in the
wizard, and then add more details for whichever project has priority in
DD edit mode.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

 134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com           www.pathfinder-ea.com
<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P