[Equest-users] Using eQuest to Optimize CHP (co-gen) plant

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Thu Nov 11 07:54:19 PST 2010

Russ,

In eQUEST, you have to manually enter the electrical generating capacity
of the plant. The Help Menu description is below:

Volume 2: Dictionary
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\bbishop\My%20Documents\eQUE
ST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/volume2dictionary.htm>  > HVAC
Components
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\bbishop\My%20Documents\eQUE
ST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/hvaccomponents.htm>  >
ELEC-GENERATOR
<mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\bbishop\My%20Documents\eQUE
ST%203-64%20Data\Help\DOE-2.chm::/Docs/elecgenerator.htm>
CAPACITY
Accepts the capacity of the generator in kW. This is a mandatory entry,
as the program does not size electrical loads.
I would not create an eQUEST model for the sole purpose of sizing a
cogen plant if you have already done that with other programs and are
confident in your results.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

 134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114                F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com           www.pathfinder-ea.com
<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P