[Equest-users] Using eQuest to Optimize CHP (co-gen) plant

David Eldridge dse at grummanbutkus.com
Thu Nov 11 08:59:01 PST 2010

You’d still have to do all of the work you already have done in order to
decide the importance of the various parameters…unless you’ve entered all of
the load criteria, costs, and maintenance data into DOE2 as well, how would
it know what the optimal choice was?

The client may be remembering someone else’s tool that was based on DOE2 and
had some library of possible options and sizing configurations (maybe one of
the CHP centers)…I don’t remember this functionality in the base DOE2.1 or
2.2 software.

Here are some tools, several of which use DOE2.1 as the basis:  *
http://www.chpcentermw.org/10-00_tools.html*

Anyway, eQuest runs DOE2.2 – so there can be features included in the DOE2.2
engine that aren’t available in the eQuest interface.  I don’t believe this
automatic cogen sizing is available as an option either way though.

David

*
*

*David S. Eldridge, Jr.**, P**.**E**.**, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, HBDP*

Project Manager

Direct: (847) 316-9224 | Fax: (847) 328-4550

http://www.grummanbutkus.com

*Grumman/Butkus Associates* | 820 Davis Street, Suite 300 | Evanston, IL
60201

Energy Efficiency Consultants and Sustainable Design Engineers

*
*