[Equest-users] F-Factor to U-Value

Ashok Vijayashree vijayashree.ashok at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 20:55:12 PDT 2010

Hope its not too late for me to join this discussion.

If I look at 90.1 table A6.3 F = 0.73 is equal to 150mm concrete poured
directly on earth that is unheated. However, if you look at the article
"Underground Surfaces" by Fred Wilkenmann *
http://esl.tamu.edu/pub/DOE%2D2%5FOCR%5FManuals/*<http://esl.tamu.edu/pub/DOE%2D2%5FOCR%5FManuals/>
*  (DOE2 articles ground coupling models) page 10 *and look at Table 1 F
factors of an uninsulated and uncarpeted concrete slab on grade, F factor is
1.10.

Am I misinterpreting the article? Is the 0.73 of ASHRAE table A6.3 carpeted?
Because if it is then the F-factor in the table 1 will be 0.77 which is
close to ASHRAE.

Thanks,

Ashok

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM, Kelsey VanTassel <KVanTassel at sustaineng.com