[Equest-users] DOAS results

Fleming, Joe joe.fleming at tlc-eng.com
Wed Oct 20 10:58:26 PDT 2010

Is it correct then that one cannot use an ERV with a DOAS?

Based on below, if I have it right, the borrowing system will get its entering OA conditions from the RA temp of the dummy zone.  If one wanted to supply conditioned air to a unit from a DOAS then they would need to set the space conditions of the dummy zone down to 55F or similar?  If you set the dummy zone temperature range to be what you need for the given design, so that your "return" air or exhaust air to the ERV is of the correct enthalpy.  How would the DOAS operate to maintain these conditions when the dummy zone has no load?  Would the ERV exhaust conditions be simulated correctly?

It is appearing that eQuest does not allow much modeling flexibility when trying to simulate a DOAS.

Joe Fleming
E.I., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Mechanical Engineer I

TLC Engineering for Architecture