[Equest-users] Reduction of window area in detail mode!

Arunabha Sau runabha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 17:31:57 PDT 2010

Hi Folks!

I've got assigned in one project in eQuest which does not have LEED baseline
model and I’ve to create it.

They have already done the model for incentive from the local gas&electric
company which is very detailed and it’s in ‘Detail mode’ in eQuest.

For the LEED baseline, I need to create windows 40% of the wall area but
here in the model everything is according to the design (more than
40%windows)!

I don’t want to go every single window and re-size them!

Is there any shortcut way to reduce the window by multiplying ‘the’ fraction
(40%/current window percent)?

To be specific, I am looking for some help using “if…then…else..if” or any
other kind of function; that way may be just creating a single global
parameter the window area can be reduced in a very less tedious way.

Is there any particular help-file to write parameter-codes in eQuest?

Hope you understand my question.

Thanks for your time.

Best,

Aru