[Equest-users] Floor Slab F-factor

Bruce Easterbrook bruce5 at bellnet.ca
Fri Sep 10 05:48:58 PDT 2010

Try this site.
http://canmetenergy-canmetenergie.nrcan-rncan.gc.ca/eng/software_tools.html
The 2 programs I would suggest are the Hot2000 and Base calc.  Hot2000
is residential but has a fairly detailed section on basements and slab
on grade.  It is a DOE 1 or 2 engine, and does convert your input into
an F factor for analysis.  There are building size limits but you should
be able to work around that by scaling.  I have never used Base calc,
but it is foundation specific, it might be just what you are looking for.
EE4 was what I was using before I found eQuest, another DOE engine
without the nice eQuest front end.  This group is the one working on the
metric version of eQuest.  There are other good programs here for
daylighting, skylights and ground source well fields.
Bruce Easterbrook P.Eng.
Abode Engineering.