[Equest-users] FW: Custom curves - Loop to Loop Heat Pump

Ana N. ananeddav at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:29:24 PDT 2010

Dear e-quest users,

I am modeling a central ground source heat pump that provides both cooling and heating by using the Loop to Loop Heat Pump. I am trying to derive the performance curves based on a very detailed set of data provided by the manufacturer. What confuses me is that HIR field under the performance curve tab is grayed out.

I have derived one curve by combining the performance data  for cooling and heating mode (by using methodology described for chillers, “Tools and Techniques to Calibrate Electric Chiller Component Models, ASHRAE Symposium” ). I am not sure this is the correct approach. Should I create one EIR curve by combining the data for cooling and heating (EIR= f(T evaporator leaving, T cond entering) and leave HIR curve “grayed out”?
I also run the model with two separate curves
EIR= f (T evaporator leaving, T cond entering),
HIR= f(T evaporator leaving, T cond entering),
each derived using the performance data for corresponding mode of operation.
 However, when I run the model with two different HIR curves, the result remains unchanged as if e-quest does not use this curve at all.
At this point, I am using default EIR=f( part load). I am still using e-quest 3-63.

I would really appreciate sharing your experience in modeling the Loop to Loop Heat Pump and deriving custom curves.

Thank you

Ana