[Equest-users] Installation issue (I assume)

Hwakong Cheng hwakong at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 28 14:41:34 PDT 2010

I had similar troubles a couple years ago using version 3.61 where the program would crash when it was reading the BDL file. I too was using Oakland area sites, but I was finding that the issue was related to choosing utility rates that were different than the default ones. I didn't test it exhaustively so I'm not positive that the utility rates were the issue - it may have been an issue with Oakland as you are finding. The work-around that I used for awhile was to just leave the location and utility rates as default in the wizard and then change them later on in detailed edit mode. When I reported the issue to the DOE-2 guys, they said that they had heard of this issue before but couldn't reproduce it on their computers, so we suspected that there were problems with the library files on my computer or potentially some other installation-related issue. Others in my office occasionally reported similar problems around that same period but I haven't heard any complaints of this problem in a while now. I think it has gone away (for me at least) with newer computers and newer versions of eQUEST.

Hope that helps.