[Equest-users] Humidity control question

Sami, Vikram Vikram.Sami at perkinswill.com
Tue Apr 19 11:36:47 PDT 2011

So I have an HVAC system setup with a preheat coil, a cooling coil and a heating coil. The humidistat is set to 50%, and it's a 100% OA system.

I assumed you set the LAT for the cooling coil with the cold deck min leaving temp and then the LAT for the heating coil with the Zone entering min supply temp.

I'm getting curious results though - I get no heating loads in the summer months - which I should get for humidity control. I setup some hourly reports to track the temperature of the air leaving the heating & cooling coils and the dehumidification reheat heat as well as the moisture added or removed from the air for dehumidification. I notice that while the cooling coil & heating coil temps seem to be ok and there is moisture removal reported, there seems to be no energy reported for reheat for humidity control.

What am I missing?

Vikram Sami, LEED AP BD+C
Sustainable Design Analyst
1315 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
t: 404-443-7462    f: 404.892.5823       e: vikram.sami at perkinswill.com   www.perkinswill.com<http://www.perkinswill.com/>
Perkins+Will.  Ideas + buildings that honor the broader goals of society

Perkins+Will is carbon neutral. Learn more about our 2030 Challenge Estimating + Evaluation<http://2030e2.perkinswill.com/> tool for fossil fuel free buildings

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the addressee.  If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy, or alter this email.