[Equest-users] 90.1 Supply Fan Energy

Carol Gardner cmg750 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 13:04:04 PDT 2011

Under the HVAC systems tab, go to the Air Flow screen and look for the field
labeled cfm/sf. It usually defaults to 0.5 cfm/sf, something I've been going
on about a bit lately on this listserv. A better number is 1 or so, usually
but it depends on building type, exposure, etc. For you, make sure it is not
too large. I suspect, however, that this is not where your problem is. I
suspect you have accidentally entered too much OA. I suggest you go back and
simply put in the Standard 62 cfm/person rate and call it good. I have never
specified it as a cfm rate but that sounds like not such a good idea for
energy modeling. See if that helps.

--
Carol Gardner PE