[Equest-users] Chillers in Series inputs

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 11:15:07 PDT 2011

I won't claim that this is correct whatsoever, but briefly looking at your
set up, it is clear that the water isn't pulling extra load from the second
chiller.  I think you may want to set up a single chiller because I don't
see a way to get the water to go through both chillers.  You could also
create your own custom curves so that you match the combined performance of
the modeled chiller.

Just a thought.

Rob

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 1:55 PM, Pasha Korber-Gonzalez <
pasha.pkconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I could use some guidance to make sure I'm assuming the correct inputs to
> set up chillers in series.  This is the first time I'm trying to model this
> and I have it set up with a primary & secondary loop for a total delta T of
> 16 across 2 chillers.    I'm getting a run error of the secondary loop
> having NO DESIGN FLOW/LOAD, but I'm not sure how to show that load on the
> secondary loop.....maybe I have the chillers listed backwards???
>
> Can anyone take a quick look at the setup in the Plant Module and let me
> know what I am missing on this?  I couldn't find any info on chillers in
> series in the DOE-2 docs to guide me on the correct inputs and setup.
>
> .pd2 & inp files attached.
>
> Thanks in advance for your keen eye and guidance on my model.
>
> Pasha

Rob Hudson