[Equest-users] shading in equest

deepika khowal deepika.khowal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:36:30 PDT 2011

Hello all

I created schedules for internal movable shades(manual) in equest as
follows:

"VisTrans_WD" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
   TYPE             = MULTIPLIER
   VALUES           = ( 0.02 )
   ..
"ShadingSchWD" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
   TYPE             = MULTIPLIER
   VALUES           = ( 0.7, &D, &D, &D, &D, &D, &D, 0.7, &D, &D, &D, &D,
&D,
         &D, &D, &D, &D, &D, &D, &D, 0.7 )
   ..
"ShadingSchWEH" = DAY-SCHEDULE-PD
   TYPE             = MULTIPLIER
   VALUES           = ( 1 )
   ..

This shows that the artificial lighting energy consumption increases
 compared to base-case without blinds.(which should be the case)

However, as soon as I enter values for glare index in space :daylighting,
the results for artificial lighting becomes same as baseline without blinds.

Am not sure what is going wrong here because I believe if the shades are
coming down due to added effect of glare, the artificial lighting energy use
should increase.

Please let me know if this is something you can help me with
Regards
Deepika  K.