[Equest-users] Excessive Heat Recovery Chiller Operation

Anthony Hardman Anthony at GreenEngineer.com
Tue Aug 30 08:05:22 PDT 2011

Couldn't find an answer in the archives so I thought I'd solicit the
experts.

Objective:  I only want my HRC to recover waste heat when there's a call for
cooling.

Problem: I have more chiller operation in the winter than the summer.  It
seems my HRC's are activating whenever there is a demand on the hot water
loop it's attached to.

Question: Does one have to specify equipment controls to get the HRC to
operate in the desired mode?  If not, what else am I doing wrong here?

Anthony Hardman, PE

LEED AP BD&C

Building Performance Analyst

The Green Engineer, LLP