[Equest-users] unmet hours with autosized hvac

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:55:01 PDT 2011

Deepika:

Some may disagree with me. But I have had difficulties of under AND oversizing of equipment in eQuest and in DOE-2.1.  Realize if you are sizing for a single zone, you have the peak hours set up reasonably. But id you have multiple zones, your "Peak" equipment amy NOY cover the hotest and coldest zone adequately.

As carol has previously stated, you need to increase your supply fan CFM. I also never run less than 1 CFM/sf, otherwise, I have Hours of Load Not met.

Try increasing your CFM.

John Aulbach