[Equest-users] Pump & Aux. Energy Use

Cox, Christopher ccox at nexant.com
Thu Dec 29 08:39:01 PST 2011

Hello Everyone,

In preparing a baseline simulation,  I have noticed the "Pump & Auxiliary" energy is higher than anticipated.  The only circulation loops included in the building are HW and DHW.  DHW does not include a pump.  Heating is provided using gas boilers and HW coils throughout the building.  The 6.65 kW HW pump is controlled using a VFD.  The hourly reports for "Pump & Aux." energy indicate a non HW Pump load that I cannot account for.  The load does appear to modulate with the heating load.  I have included a graph of the hourly reports for "Pump & Auxiliary"  and HW pump electricity use below.

Does anyone know what equipment would be included for "Pumps & Auxiliary" energy use, in addition to the HW pump?

[cid:image003.png at 01CCC60D.B214E4D0]

Thanks,

Christopher Cox  ■  Engineer  ■  Demand Management(DM)
Nexant, Inc. ■ 4021 S 700 E #250 ■ SLC, UT 84107 ■ O| 801.639.5632 ■ F| 801.266.4786 ■ E| ccox at nexant.com<mailto:ccox at nexant.com>