[Equest-users] converting cooling tower gpm/hp to EIR

Ramana Koti ramana.koti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:49:53 PST 2011

Hello all,

For a LEED EA C1 baseline energy model, I'm looking at an axial fan cooling
tower performance requirement of 38.2 gpm/hp in the ASHRAE 90.1 standard
Table 6.8.1G.

eQUEST requires input in EIR, what is the best way to convert this gpm/hp
into EIR? eQUEST item help offers the following "The default
ELEC-INPUT-RATIO for open towers is 0.0105, which corresponds to
approximately 0.0154 hp/gpm". To directly scale from this, I'm not sure if
it's a linear relationship or if it's a curve.

Thank you,
Ramana Koti