[Equest-users] eQuest - Exhaust Fan Schedule

Rob Hudson rdh4176 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 09:25:00 PST 2011

My initial thoughts is to model the exhaust fan as a supply fan.  then set
up your fan schedule to turn on only to meet space loads and create a 85
deg thermostat schedule.  Then set up your system to get its outside air
from another system to simulate the fact that the exhaust fan will be
drawing air in from adjacent spaces.  hopefully someone out there might
agree or add to my initial thoughts.... (please)

hope this helps

Rob

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM, David Cantrill <dcantrill at cxgbs.com>wrote:

> I am modeling a building which uses exhaust fans in the electrical rooms.
> These fans are designed to be on when the room temperature is above 85°F and
> off when it is below.  How would I set a schedule up in equest to run the
> fans in this manner?
>

> Thank you,
>

> *David Cantrill*
> *Branch Manager - Mississippi
> *[image: Description: cid:3360324511_1137265] <http://www.cxgbs.com/>
> CxGBS is not responsible for design concept, design criteria, compliance
> with codes, design or general construction scheduling, cost estimating, or
> construction management.
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files
> or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential
> information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended
> recipient or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution or use of any of the information contained in or attached to
> this transmission is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
> transmission in error, please immediately notify us by telephone at (770)
> 831 6760 and destroy the original transmission and its attachments without
> reading them. Thank you.

Rob Hudson