[Equest-users] Incentives for NU Modelers and LEED APs

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 9 08:23:59 PST 2011

David:

The Section 179D allows either a PE or Contractor licensed for the jurisdiction
that the building is located in to provide the model and calculations.

I am a licensed CT HVAC contractor, so I think this is unprecedented and will
add cost and no value.  After all, we all know that the simulation is not
intended to predict energy costs with any level of accuracy, it is just meant to
provide a comparison.  So there is no way to hold the PE or Contractor
responsible for faulty calculations.

Paul