[Equest-users] INP PD2 Library

Chris Balbach cbalbach at psdconsulting.com
Fri Feb 11 09:42:36 PST 2011

All:

A similar effort is currently underway (managed by DOE and Federal Labs) called OpenEI, with a sister site called VIBE:

http://en.openei.org/wiki/Gateway:Buildings

"Open Energy Information (OpenEI) is a knowledge-sharing online community dedicated to connecting people with the latest information and data on energy resources from around the world. Created in partnership with the United States Department of Energy and federal laboratories across the nation, OpenEI offers access to real-time data and unique visualizations that will help you find the answers you need to make better, more informed decisions. And because the site is designed on a linked, open-data platform,  your contributions are both welcomed and encouraged.

Whether the information you're looking for is simple or complex - from energy basics to cutting-edge innovations, renewable energy incentives, datasets, and a host of other energy-related topics - OpenEI puts a wealth of information on the world's energy resources at your fingertips. And it's all free. "
For example, the E+ files used to generate savings predictions for General Merchandise and Grocery market segments have been uploaded here.

It's an "Angie's List" approach to crowd-sourcing where registered users can post content, rate content posted by others, and contribute. I have used the community editable rate repository (http://en.openei.org/wiki/Gateway:Utilities) in to help me gut-check atleast the generation side of my modeling tariffs.

Nothing to prevent users from uploading and sharing data sets (models?) of any sort to the community at large.

All the Best

_Chris

Chris Balbach, PE, CEM, BEMP, CMVP, BESA
Vice President of Research and Development
Cell: (607)-327-1647

Performance Systems Development

124 Brindley Street, Ithaca, NY 14850
www.psdconsulting.com<http://www.psdconsulting.com/>