[Equest-users] modeling fuel cells in eQUEST

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Feb 11 12:18:24 PST 2011

Tom,

There is not a "fuel cell" feature in eQUEST. What you could try using,
however, is an Electric Generator of type Engine Generator, created in
the Utility & Economics module. You would need to adjust the Heat Input
Ratio to reflect the improved fuel cell efficiency. You should also
evaluate the performance curve to see if it should be modified. I
believe others on this list have tried modeling fuel cells before and
might offer some pointers...

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

 134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com           www.pathfinder-ea.com
<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P