[Equest-users] Geo Thermal (UNCLASSIFIED)

Anthony Hardman Anthony at GreenEngineer.com
Tue Feb 22 08:52:40 PST 2011

Polysun is the only tool I'm aware of that can model WWHPs tied to a GHEX.
There's some discussion on this topic in the eQUEST users archives
<http://lists.onebuilding.org/htdig.cgi/equest-users-onebuilding.org/2010-Ma
rch/003436.html> .

Anthony Hardman, PE

The Green Engineer, LLP

-----Original Message-----
From: equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org
[mailto:equest-users-bounces at lists.onebuilding.org] On Behalf Of Eurek, John
S NWO
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:32 AM
To: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Subject: [Equest-users] Geo Thermal (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: NONE

The EER of WWHP can vary from 11.8 to 23.3 depending on the water
temperature returning from the well field.  Equest model this?

My group is currently using Trace and I'm looking for a good reason to use
equest, this may be a big reason.

(Also, I've designed a cascading system, so if the return ground water is
cold, it goes to the WWHP making chilled water, then that water goes to the
WWHP making hot water, and vice-versa if the if the return ground water is
warm, can this also be modeled?)