[Equest-users] Sample Ice Rink File

Justin Elkin jelkin at mreng.ca
Tue Jan 4 12:45:15 PST 2011

I'm new to energy modeling with eQUEST and am trying to build a model for a
community center consisting of a library, a pool and an ice rink. We are
hoping that we can use rejected heat from the ice plant in the rest of the
building.  I've begun entering the ice plant data into the program; however,
when describing the brine loop we are running into a bit of trouble.

1)         We expect the brine pump head to be 60ft. We tried to input this
value but eQUEST only allows a brine head value that is =/< 40ft. Have
others encountered this same problem?

2)        We are having trouble attaching a chiller/heat pump to the brine
loop. Ideally we'd like to have the brine loop run off some water-to-water
heat pumps that supply the hot water loop but we haven't figured out how to
go about this

I've heard of a sample ice rink file around, does anyone know how I can get
this?  It may help solve these and other issues.  I have attached the .pd2
and .inp files.  Any help is appreciated, thank you;

Justin