[Equest-users] eQUEST Tips

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Tue Jan 11 14:48:37 PST 2011

Great tip (and nice model)!

The ability to turn on/off 3D view surfaces is something I often catch
myself forgetting when it could save me time - it's also something I
wish I knew about for my first few tricky models =).

A related timesaver/accuracy note comes to mind from a question brought
up recently on the lists:

-          A great/quick way to check and correct if exterior roof/floor
surfaces are defined (incorrectly) in-between separate & stacked shells
from the wizards is to go to the same location and turn off all items
except Roofs and Floors.  You can then quickly identify, highlight and
remove any unwanted surfaces.

-          I might intentionally do this in my own models when I have
unique roofs on multiple levels and will plan to remove the unwanted
"sandwiched" surfaces once in detailed in this fashion.

-          Notice how if you hold ctrl to rotate/zoom the model, a
reference wireframe pops up which can make it easy to verify where such
surfaces should/shouldn't be located.  You don't need to move the mouse
for a quick reference.

I like the idea of "share a quick timesaver/accuracy tip" - hope this
picks up!

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER