[Equest-users] eQUEST Tips

Grammy grammy.hkust at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 06:47:17 PST 2011

Nice idea, Otto Schwieterman!

I like your post but until now I have only merge inp file by the function of
"import" in eQuest, which will be very useful when a huge building or a
group of buildings are modeled.

*Tips:*
*
*
*At the model beginning, all of the shell and air-side system need to be
specified to make sure there will no duplicate name for any component in the
model. This is not hard: just edit it in wizard model, both the shell and
system. And also make sure the coordination is also correct with the real
design. *
*
*
*There will be a most probability of duplicate name in water-side, so if the
models do not share the same chilled / domestic / hot water loop, rename all
of water side staff before merging the inp files.*
*
*
*Before the merging, my suggestion is that editing or testing
or debugging the model first, otherwise you will find that after merging the
model becomes huge, very long time to run, and hard to edit, test, debug.*

That's my tips ( not small ;) ), any corrections are welcome.

Regards,

Grammy