[Equest-users] Real Time Pricing / 8760 Utility Rate

Jeremy Poling Jeremy.Poling at transwestern.net
Mon Jul 25 11:52:48 PDT 2011

There is a "Energy Charge Schedule" keyword (ENERGY-CHG -SCH) on the
"Utility Rate Properties" dialog that accepts a schedule for hourly-use
schedules, but as David notes that is a rather complex utility rate to
model.  The help file says this about the keyword:

U-name of a SCHEDULE which specifies an ENERGY-CHG that varies by time
of day, week and/or season. The units in the schedule should be $/UNIT.
This schedule is used for all time-of-use energy billing (demand
time-of-use billing is more complex, and requires the use of multiple
BLOCK-CHARGEs). If both an ENERGY-CHG and ENERGY-CHG-SCH are defined,
the values will add.

That's all it says on this keyword, too...so if your consumption and
demand charges both are real-time pricing, there's quite a bit of work
ahead of you.

Jeremy R. Poling, PE, LEED AP+BDC