[Equest-users] Bldg Area in BEPS/BEPU

Seth P. Spangler sspangle at rmf.com
Tue Jun 21 04:49:27 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I recently completed a project and while going through the QC process I
noticed that the building area as reported on the BEPS/BEPU reports does
not match up with the model input. I have looked through the various
other reports and the building square footage appears to be modeled as
designed. I think the culprit might be unconditioned spaces but when I
change these spaces to conditioned the problem still persists. Does
anyone have any suggestions where to start trouble shooting or which
report might tell me where the discrepancy is. The reported area is off
by 15% on the BEU/BEPS reports.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Seth P Spangler, PE, LEED AP BD+C

RMF Engineering