[Equest-users] LEED Review Comment - Exhaust Fans

Ömer Moltay omoltay at mimtarch.com
Thu Jun 16 02:57:09 PDT 2011

Dear Crina,

Thanks for the reply. I just added these exhaust fans to my baseline
model. The reviewer is also asking for a separate energy consumption
calculation for the exhaust fans. While trying to capture this through
separate meters, I just realized that the air volume exhausted through
some of these independent fans is variable in hourly reports even if I
define them to be constant volume. I am afraid that this will result in
mismatching values for energy consumption between the baseline and the
proposed models.

1. What could be causing the air volume to be variable?
2. Is it a must that both the baseline and the proposed cases should
display exactly the same amount of energy consumption for these
independant fan systems?

Thank you,

Omer Moltay, LEED AP BD+C, BREEAM Assessor Mimta Ltd.
Hekimsuyu Cad. 559. Sk. No:39
34255 Kucukkoy Istanbul Turkey
Tel: 90-212-617-2296
Fax: 90-212-617-2297