[Equest-users] LEED Review Comment - Exhaust Fans

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Mon Jun 13 10:59:15 PDT 2011

Omer,

I would concede with the reviewer's first point and modify the proposed model to match the scheduled fan capacities.

To the second point of modeling exhaust systems additionally/separately in the baseline, I believe one can feasibly construct a case to support either position, but I would personally probably disagree with the reviewer and their reference to TG3.1.10 in the case of an exhaust fan system.

The term "independent fan systems" is an abstraction that is confusing the issue.  I speak directly to this in the attached discussion, and would likely refute that choice of words on principle - I suspect you might have the same reviewer.

On that note, I would strongly suggest reviewing the attached recent discussion carefully from the beginning, regarding these same sections and how they may apply (or not) to baseline/proposed models. The discussion tangents a good deal, but it will be useful to see others' understanding/practice of how these sections apply.

~Nick

NICK CATON, P.E.
SENIOR ENGINEER

Smith & Boucher Engineers