[Equest-users] Fedx

RJTHEACMAN at aol.com RJTHEACMAN at aol.com
Thu Mar 3 09:47:49 PST 2011

I am modeling a 110,000 sf. Fedex sorting facility for LEED and the
building has a small office area that is heated and cooled by rooftop  units and
the remainder of the warehouse is only heated.

In accordance with ASHRAE 90.1 2007 if no cooling system exists the cooling
 system shall be identical to the system modeled in the baseline building
design.

That system is a system 5 packaged vav with reheat, which includes a hot
water boiler.

We have (15) gas-fired unit heaters that provide heat to the  warehouse.

My question is do I set up my heating system with 15 hot water boilers, the
 same heating capacity as the unit heaters?

For the fan energy, do I set my air quantity the same as my unit  heaters?

How do I address the VAV portion of the system as well as the hot water
pumps?

I have my model setup with (2) separate HVAC systems (1) Packaged VAV with
Reheat and (2) Packaged rooftop DX units with a gas furnace.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Richard Dominick, P.E.
TEC Engineers, LLC.
Norwalk, CT.