[Equest-users] Fedx

Paul Diglio paul.diglio at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 3 13:11:20 PST 2011

Richard:

I would base the model on one boiler/hot water loop with heating coils in each
air handler.  As far as airflow, I would let eQuest autosize the CFM.  Run the
simulation and if there are excessive unmet hours that cannot be corrected by
throttling range adjustments, try bumping up the airflow above the amount that
eQuest calculated.

Fan energy is calculated using the CFM, minimum motor efficiency and estimated
duct static loss per 90.1-2007 6.5.3.1.1A.

For the VAV portion, you can set the minimum and maximum fan ratios or you can
define a discharge air reset schedule.

Paul Diglio