[Equest-users] Help with my first eQUEST model

Shalini Modi shalinimodi at msn.com
Wed Mar 23 21:55:56 PDT 2011

Hello all,

I would really appreciate some help with my first eQUEST model.

Am modeling a 25,000 sq.ft. commercial building (two floors, first floor has shopping and second floor has offices). The HVAC system is Packaged Single Zone. The doors in the stores have no vestibule. Below are a few questions :

1. Each unit in the building has a washroom. I have made the units as well as the washrooms as separate zones. Now I want to make the washrooms a part of their parent zone. How can I do this?

2. The doors in the building are right now defined as a 'standard window' with a specific glass type. This is a mistake. Some of the doors are metal doors. How can I change the type of doors to metal doors as the only option I see is 'standard window' and option of various glass type but no metal options (am sure am missing something here)

3. What can be a reasonable infiltration level for this building (am assuming 2.5 AC/H - is it too high, appropriate or low?). Can you suggest any reference to justify the appropriate AC/H?

Your answers to the above questions will be greatly appreciated.

Sincere thanks,

Shalini