[Equest-users] eQUEST weather files

Gomatom, Krish kgomatom at epri.com
Tue Mar 29 07:11:29 PDT 2011

Dear All,

I am new to this forum. I have been reading the questions and the
this users forum.

I am trying to model some commercial sites in South Africa. I am having
a difficult time finding weather files for the two major South African
cities -  Cape Town and Johannesburg ....in the format that eQUEST
accepts weather files.

I was able to find EnergyPlus files on the EERE webpage
http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data3.cfm/
region=1_africa_wmo_region_1/country=ZAF/cname=South%20Africa

Does eQUEST accept EnergyPlus files "as-is"? or do I have to use the
converter "eQ_WthProc" available at http://doe2.com/index_wth.html ?

Anyone used this converter before and have some words of wisdom, because
it is giving me errors.

OR if anyone knows of a source where I can download the weather files
for South Africa without having to worry or mess around with the format
of the weather file?

Thanks,

Krish

Krish Gomatom
Energy Efficiency & Demand Response Analytics
Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
942 Corridor Park Blvd | Knoxville | TN - 37932 | USA
Phone: (865) 218 - 8070
Fax: (865) 218 - 8085
Email: kgomatom at epri.com <blocked::mailto:bvairamohan at epri.com>

NOTICE: This electronic message transmission contains information that
may be EPRI SENSITIVE, EPRI RESTRICTED, or EPRI CONFIDENTIAL. Any misuse
or unauthorized disclosure can result in both civil and criminal
penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the content of this
information is prohibited. If you have received this communication in
error, please notify me immediately by email and delete the original
message.