[Equest-users] Economizers

Dane Heimerman daneh at mlnai.com
Tue Mar 29 07:19:29 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to know if anyone has seen significant savings from
air-side economizers. Most of our buildings are in Pennsylvania, I'm
guessing location is the biggest factor. I'm trying to figure out if I'm
setting them up right. I've tried them in a couple projects, and they
always show about a 5-6% cooling energy savings. I use the 'OA Enthalpy'
control method, with a high limit of 30 Btu. I have 'lockout compressor'
turned off. The building is a 4000 sq. ft. medical clinic. I'm not sure
if other building types typically save more energy than others.

Let me know your thoughts.

Dane Heimerman
HVAC Engineer
Michael L. Norris&  Associates, Inc.