[Equest-users] EMS Control System Modeling

Fleming, Joe joe.fleming at tlc-eng.com
Mon Mar 14 07:40:39 PDT 2011

My interpretation was that the Az part of the equation was your limiting factor during "occupied" periods.  So if you are using CO2 based DCV then you shouldn't reduce the outside air quantity below your (Ra*Az)/(Ez).
And during unoccupied periods ventilation is not required, (if a tree falls in the........)  Those contaminants being off gassed from the furniture and carpet will have to wait to be diluted when the occupants arrive and the fresh air intake damper opens up.
Interesting that there are so many interpretations.

Joe Fleming
E.I., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Mechanical Engineer II

TLC Engineering for Architecture