[Equest-users] Lighting Power Density

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Thu May 19 14:19:00 PDT 2011

Good Afternoon All,

Hopefully this is a simple question.  I recently got comments back from LEED
questioning the lighting power density for some of the areas in my Appendix
G model.  The comments asked me to provide floor plans for the areas in
question.  I am using the space by space method which says area should be
calculated from the center of partition walls.  For the areas in question
some of the walls have a chase for plumbing, some have structural columns,
etc.  My question is this, in my model I did not create separate zones are
anything for this non habitable area, I just have an interior wall.  Should
the LPD be calculated to the center of the chase?  To the center of the
column?  The center of the wall surrounding the chase?  None of these will
make a significant impact on my savings, however, I don't want the reviewer
to reject my number saying something such as "your floor plan included the
chase when it should have stopped at the center of the wall surrounding the
chase"

Thanks for any opinions or experience getting something like this passed by
LEED.

Michael Shields

Email:  <mailto:mshields at fstrategies.com> mshields at fstrategies.com