[Equest-users] Lighting Power Density

Nick Caton ncaton at smithboucher.com
Thu May 19 15:09:07 PDT 2011

Hey Michael,

For perspective, if that's the only thing your reviewer can find to pick
on, then it's a sign you're doing well overall ;).

LPD calcs for prescriptive compliance strictly speaking should go to the
"center of the partition wall" (Re: section 9.6).  I would generally
draw a line through the center of a typical tight plumbing chase and
call the chase space part of the partition.

If it is the sort of deep accessible chase with a door that you are
lighting with separate fixtures (or if I were really concerned about a
nitpicky reviewer) then I'd call it its own space (electrical/mechanical
- 1.5 W/SF, if it is a lit space) and draw centerlines in the
surrounding walls.

~Nick

NICK CATON, E.I.T.

PROJECT ENGINEER