[Equest-users] Supply Fan Power

M. Shields mshields at fstrategies.com
Fri May 20 05:31:57 PDT 2011

Good Morning All,

I recently received comments back from LEED and one of them was about my fan
power.  In the submission I calculated all of my fan power using G3.1.2.9
for the baseline building, and I used the actual fan power in the proposed
building.  The reviewer has commented that all independent fan systems have
to be modeled identically in both the baseline and the proposed building.
The supply fans use very high efficiency motors, and as such are
substantially more efficient than the calculation that G3.1.2.9 provides.
Is there no way to take credit for using high efficiency supply fans?

Thanks,

Michael Shields

Email:  <mailto:mshields at fstrategies.com> mshields at fstrategies.com